- Joint supervision of research postgraduate students in areas of environmental sciences.
- Joint educational program of MSc in Environmental and Public Health Management and Environmental Analysis
- Establishment of a joint eco-environmental station
- Joint collaborative researches between colleagues of HKBU and RCEES
- Exchange and visit of faculty members and research post-graduate students
- Joint sponorship of workshops, seminars and conferences
- Establishment of analytical protocols for dioxin analysis based on our experience and certified standatd procedures, to participate in local and international inter-laboratory quality control studies, and to achieve accreditation and recognition locally and internationally
- Providing analytical services to academic and governmental projects of environmental studies on dioxins and other POPs
- Building up a comprehensive database for research and development in environmental management, as well as the provision of technical advice and services to industrial sectors, fovernment departments and the general public
The Hong Kong Baptist University - Research Center for Eco-Environmental Sciences, Joint Institute of Environmental Sciences have been established since 2002 to strengthen environmental research and to enhance the collaboration between HKBU and RCEES of Chinese Academy of Science. Dioxin Analysis Laboratory is under this Joint Institute.
Dioxin Analysis Laboratory
It was built in April of 2003. As the sole academic dioxin analysis in Hong Kong, this facility is to utilize our experience in dioxin analysis to support researches related to dioxins as well as other persistent organic pollutants (POPs) and to provide analytical sevice to our society.
Dioxin Analysis Laboratory has developed and validated LC-MS/MS method for analyzing new POPs such as PFOS, and thus became the first laboratory in Hong Kong (Actually in Asian except Japan) to be able to test the new POPs. The laboratory has passed the annual HOKLAS assessment for both environmental and food dioxin testing.